Ever play that game where you ask someone “if you had to choose, what would you eat every single day?”? Well for me it would definitely be eggs. They are so versatile and easy, which makes it a no-brainer! Here’s a simple recipe for some eggs muffins.
- 1 pound of breakfast pork sausage (I used Jimmy Dean’s)
- 12 eggs
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
I’ll be honest – I don’t typically measure out all my spices and such while cooking. I mean, I watch Top Chef and I don’t see them with any measuring spoons. So, take those measurements above with a grain of salt. (Also, had a pinch of salt to the recipe while you’re at it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop your onion and add that to a pan with some oil (I used MCT oil because that’s all I had)
- Add the sausage and cook that completely (NO MORE PINK!)
- Remove the sausage & onion and place into a bowl (drain out the fat & leave in pan)
- USE THAT FAT for the spinach – I threw in the spinach in the same pan just to cook it a little bit (I’m not a big fan of raw veggies)
- In a separate bowl, whisk 12 eggs until they are completely beaten
- Add in your sausage, spinach, and cheese – followed by your spices
- I used a ladle to pour into each muffin tin – (use caution – can get a little messy!)
- Bake for about 30 mins (This depends on how you like your eggs basically – I cooked mine a little longer)
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it the way you want. Tomatoes? Bacon? Heck, even broccoli! Whatever you have in the fridge, use it! This recipe made about 12 muffins. I say “about” simply because I had a tiny bit left over. This makes for a perfect quick morning breakfast. Pop them in the microwave and you’re good to go! I like to add some hot sauce to mine too 🙂
I know what I’ll be eating for the next few days!
Thanks so much for reading!