And just like that…it’s Monday again. I hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend! The weather here in NC was beautiful so David and I took advantage. We went for a nice long walk around the neighborhood and I managed to get a wicked sunburn. Sometimes I forget how quickly and easily I burn! It was also nice to cook at home (David made a delicious meatloaf) and just lay low.
Yesterday I managed to whip up these burrito bowls for the week. I like to have either lunch or dinner prepped for the week that way it’s one less thing to worry about. This is a super easy recipe and came together really quickly.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brown Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- Yellow Onion
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Black Beans
- Sour Cream (topping)
- Fiesta Shredded Cheese (topping)
- Cut the onion and throw them in the hot pan with a little olive oil
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown
- Add spices of your choice (I used salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder)
- Start cooking the brown rice (I used the pre-cooked, boil in a bag, 10 min kind to make it super easy)
- Add the jar of enchilada sauce, black beans, and corn to the beef and let that simmer for a bit
Once everything is done, then combine the rice and beef mixture into your containers. Remember, let it cool before putting them into the fridge. When ready to eat, heat up in the microwave and add some cheese and sour cream. You could also add some lettuce if you had that too.
Now let’s tackle this Monday and have a great week y’all!