Now doesn’t that look scrumptious?! This is an easy and healthy chicken fajita recipe that can be altered so many ways. You can throw in a tortilla, add rice and beans, top with all the fixin’s, the options are limitless!
ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!
- Chicken Breasts or Thighs (I prefer breasts but only had thighs this time – no biggie)
- One Pepper (I used green, but any will do)
- Yellow Onion (I actually used 1/2 of one)
- Shredded Cheese
- Taco Seasoning
- Put the chicken in a single layer at the bottom of a baking dish
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken
- Layer the onions and bell peppers on top of the chicken
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the onions and peppers
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked)
It’s that easy! I added my mixture to a flour tortilla and added some salsa and sour cream on top. SO GOOD. And like I said, you really can add/do anything with this base recipe.