Happy Monday y’all! Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed Father’s Day. David and I kept it easy this weekend and hung around the house. On Saturday I made these yummy sliders that were so delicious that I just have to share with you guys.
- Cooked, shredded chicken (I used 5 chicken breasts, in the crockpot)
- BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s) – 18 oz bottle
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dinner Rolls (I used the Sweet Hawaiian kind)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Crispy Onion Strings
- Garlic Butter
- In the crockpot, whisk together the BBQ sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder
- Place the chicken in the mixture, coating it evenly, and cook on high for about 4 hours
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred apart and let it sit to soak up all the sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice dinner rolls hamburger style and lay bottoms in a greased pan
- Spread the shredded chicken on bottom of rolls
- Top with mozzarella cheese (the more the merrier!) and crispy onion strings
- Cover with the tops and spread butter on top
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 mins
We had these with some mac salad, coleslaw, and potato chips. The ultimate summer dinner if you ask me! To make this even easier, you can totally use rotisserie chicken and just BBQ sauce from the bottle. Just pull apart the chicken and mix it together. Then you elevate the anticipation all together, lol. But I will say the smell of the chicken was divine and worth the wait.
David and I both loved these sliders and even had leftovers the next day. Because this dish was so easy to make, it will for sure be a repeat!